Join us at Erasmus Darwin House for our annual Garden Festival The herb garden will be open every day with a children’s garden trail and herbs for sale. Lichfield Society of Artists will be here throughout the festival, with an exhibition of paintings based on the plants in the garden.
Various activities will be held over the week as follows:
- Try your hand at spinning with Walsall Spinners and Weavers - a group dedicated to the crafts of hand-spinning, weaving and the fibre arts in general. A range of hand-dyed fabrics will be on display
- ‘View the wonders of my inchanted garden.’ Join us for a guided tour of the Herb Garden and hear about the curious and sometimes terrifying use of plants in 18th century medicine. Tickets at the door, £5.00
- Lichfield Society of Artists – members’ demonstrations of flower painting in the Exhibition Room
- ‘Growing your own flavour'– presentation by Andrew Perry of Urban Herbs in Birmingham. Andrew specialises in unusual herbs and spices and is passionate about the benefits that a growing lifestyle can bring.
- Meet the team from Neal’s Yard Remedies – pioneers in creating award-winning natural, organic products, all based on herbs, botanicals and essential oils to calm the mind and senses. Sample, relax and enjoy!
Free entry with a small charge for some activities. For details timings of specific events please visit our website erasmusdarwin.org
- Free entry but a small charge for some activities