As England is currently in a national lockdown we ask that you postpone your visit to Lichfield District for anything other than essential travel and plan a visit for when it is safe to do so.
Lockdown’s key points
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible
If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live. You may leave your local area for a legally permitted reason, such as for work.
- Hospitality settings, such as bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants must remain closed – they are permitted to offer takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services
- Indoor entertainment and tourist venues must close.
- Excluding certain exemptions hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses must close.
For businesses based in Lichfield District, access support and advice.
Page updated - 05 January 2021